The best oven mitts keep your hands covered to prevent burns. Besides, it is very comfortable and durable to use for a longer time.
Oven mitts are among the everyday essentials that we need in our kitchens. They are designed so that you can reach into a broiling oven and grab out anything without getting burned.
A wrong purchase of a product can suffer you a lot. But, it requires a lot of research and time to find the perfect one among the vast opportunities.
That’s the reason we have reviewed the top-rated oven mitts by doing all the research and analysis for you. I hope, it will save a lot of time and money…
To prevent your hands from getting burnt in the kitchen, I have reviewed the best oven mitts from different materials that you need to consider. They are incredible products designed with quality materials to protect you from burns.
14 Best Oven Mitts Reviews of 2021
1. Homwe Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt- Best Overall
The silicone oven mitts have an extra layer that protects you from any burns during cooking. These oven mitts resist heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit; thus they protect your hand from burns that can occur when the outdoor grills experience a flare-up.
It is easy to clean them since you can wipe them or wash them in the washing machine. The Homwe silicon oven mitts are 100% made from silicone.
- It is easy to clean them
- The non-slip material provides a good grip
- Heat resistant up to 450F
- Designed with safe material
- Longer to protect your forearms
2. DII 100% Cotton Terry- Best Cotton Oven Mitts
These cotton oven mitts are every day have essential in the kitchen. It is perfect for baking, serving, or cooking. They are of great value on any budget since they are very affordable.
Cotton is the best quality one can rely on. They protect your hands from heat and allow one to remove hot dishes from the oven safely and hot pots from the stove without getting burned.
It offers durability and a strong grip. These cotton oven mitts are also machine-washable.
- The mitts are durable
- They are affordable
- Available in different colors
- Designed with a long-lasting material
- Have hanging loops for easy storage
3. Grill Heat Aid Resistant- Best Oven Gloves
Oven gloves should be able to protect your hands from heat and burns. They should also be of maximum heat protection. It should protect you from the heat of up to 662 degrees and be durable that able to protect one from burns and injuries.
Unlike other mitts in the market, these best cooking gloves are easy on and easy off. Whether small or big hand No matter the type of hand you use, whether left or hand, these gloves flip and fit anyone.
- Comfortable and durable
- They are easy to use
- The gloves are highly versatile
- Protect your hands from burns
- Provide a secure and firm grip
4. Silicone Oven Mitts Heat Resistant 500 Degrees
It is one of the best oven mitts that offers easy handling for all your family members. It seems to be heavy-duty silicone oven mitts and comes in a set of two.
The outer line is made of waterproof silicone that is completely BPA free. And, equipped with a comfortable inner-line made of 50-50 cotton and polyester.
It is easy to clean with warm soapy water and safe to use for a longer time. The high temperature and heat resistant silicone oven mitts are best for any cook. It also offers a sure grip every time to protect your hands from any accident.
- Non-slip secure grip
- Easy to clean with warm soapy water
- Great for heavy-duty jobs
- Heat resistant
- Loops for storing easily
- BPA free & FDA approved
5. Rachael Ray Silicone Kitchen Oven Mitt
The Rachael Ray Silicone Kitchen Oven Mitt has a cotton lining that provides comfort and ease of wear. As the name suggests, it is available only in different colors.
It is very light and very perfect for every family member to use it. They are longer than the other mitts available therefore they provide protection to the lower arms.
Another great feature about these best silicone oven mitts that it can fit any of your hands.
- Resist heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Requires only hand wash
- Lightweight and flexible to handle
- Easy to store
- Provides a secure non-slip grip
- It can fit on any hand
6. OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt
This silicone oven mitt has additional thermal insulation which prevents your hands from sweating. This unique feature is only available in this OXO silicone oven mitt.
The oven mitt is long enough thus it protects both your wrist and forearm from burns. Cleaning is easy since you can only wipe it with a wet sponge or wash and dry it in the laundry machine.
- Warm and comfortable
- Easy cleaning them
- The hanging loop offers convenient storage
- Longer to provide extra protection
- The soft inner fabric provides insulation and comfort
- The silicone grip is resistant to steam
7. DII Cotton Damask Oven Mitt
The DII oven mitts are 100% made of cotton that is machine washable. It is heat resistant, and it protects your hands from burns while handling hot substances.
It is patterned therefore very attractive and gives out a great feeling in the kitchen. When cleaning these cotton oven mitts, they should be cleaned with cold water. It can also be ironed but with less amount of heat.
- They are comfortable
- Has a unique DII damask pattern design
- It is soft for hand and fingers
- The decorative design makes your kitchen look great
- Easy to wash
- Feature 100% cotton
8. Ove Glove Hot Surface Handler
The Ove Glove is perfect for handling hot surfaces around the house or other places. Its outer part is made of heat and flame material which is used by firefighters.
This makes it resistible to heat. Therefore when exposed to an open flame, it cannot catch fire. Its interior is made of cotton making it comfortable when worn.
- Very comfortable
- Machine washable
- Withstands heat for up to 540 F
- Does not catch fire or melt
9. Heat Guardian Heat Resistant Gloves
The gloves can resist heat up to 9320F. They are comfortable and protect your hands from massive heat around you.
It is made of durable materials, therefore, meant to last for a very long period. They are long enough to keep both your hands and arms safe from burns.
The oven gloves are also flexible and allow you to move around with hot substances without fear of dropping them.
- Designed with a high-quality heat-resistant material
- Are flexible
- Are comfortable and easy to use
- Very versatile
- Offer a non-slip grip
10. Bestjoy Terry Cloth Oven Mitts
The mitts are 100% cotton made thus making them comfortable when wearing them. It is very easy to clean them. One can wash them with warm water.
It can handle hot substances of up to 4820 Fahrenheit. Unlike other cotton oven mitts, you do not expect them to melt when you are holding hot substances.
It has a non-melting cotton fill that makes it very comfortable to wear. The oven mitts are also flame resistant and very easy to maintain clean.
- Designed with a thick quality material
- They are flame resistant
- Comfortable to wear
- Offers convenient storage and easy access
- It is easy to clean them
11. Grill Armor 932°F Extreme Heat Resistant Oven Gloves
Many people burn themselves while cooking. Grill armor gloves are the perfect solution to this problem. It offers heat protection of up to 9320 F, which is pretty high as compared to other gloves.
They are also heat and flame resistant thus the best oven gloves that you need in your kitchen.
The gloves are lightweight and comfortable and provide your fingers with great flexibility. They are easy t clean and machine washable and feature a convenient hook for hanging.
- Easy to use
- They are comfortable
- They are very light
- Easy to clean and store
- Highly heat resistant
12. The Triumphant Chef Super Flex Silicone Oven Mitt
You should stop complaining that your hands are burning in the kitchen. The silicone oven mitts allow you to work comfortably with hot items.
The great equipment protects you from burns. It is made from cotton and polyester fill thus it gives you more protection from the heat. It doesn’t matter how small your hands are, you can firmly grip hot items and move them comfortably and confidently.
They also protect you from 450 degrees from the heat of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is one of the best oven mitts for both left and right-handed people.
- Are comfortable
- Available in all sizes
- Protects your hands from burns
- The outer shell is waterproof and oil-proof
- Provides you with a flexible non-slip grip
13. SimplyFire Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves
These cooking gloves are meant to make your life easier and fun while cooking. They are long enough to protect both your hands and forearms. It is 100% made of cotton lining, therefore, protects your hands and gives it the comfortability that you need.
The cooking gloves also feature anti-skid silicone stripes to provide a premium gripping ability. Also, they are easy to clean and are machine washable. They are also very light.
- They are durable and light
- They are unisex
- The gloves are comfortable
- Comes in one size that fits all
- Protect your hands and forearms from burns
14. Star Wars oven mitts
Do you want decorative and festive-like oven mitts that you can use for parties and celebrations? Then you need to get the Star Wars oven mitts. It is a double-sided mitt, therefore, it can be machine washed, or you can wash it in cold water fluff to dry.
They are very colorful and attractive. The cotton oven mitts can fit both hands: the right and the left hand.
- Very light
- Are affordable
- Washable and easy to clean
- Are very attractive
A Short Guide for Buying the Best Oven Mitts
Finding good quality, long-lasting kitchen textiles like oven mitts has become an issue with the fake things that we have in the market nowadays. These are the factors you need to bear in mind before buying any oven mitts.
Many opt to go for the cheap oven mitts or cooking gloves. They are also very good, but one problem with them is that they do not last long enough.
When buying an oven mitt, bear in mind the quality of fabrics it is made of so that it may last for a long time. This saves you the money which could have been used in buying another mitt.
#Size And Shape
The size and length of the oven mitt are also other important factors to consider. Therefore you need to choose wisely the length and size of the mitt according to your needs.
If your oven is big, you will need a large mitt and if it’s small you will need a small one. Also, the best oven mitt should enclose the entire hand and have a cuff that covers the wrist.
#Water And Steam Resistance
Sometimes we have to carry hot substances on a container with our hands. It is important to consider a mitt which is water and steam resistant, therefore, carrying them won’t be a problem.
#Heat Resistance And Insulation
Most people tend to forget this feature. The better the resistance of heat the more it keeps your hands safe from getting burnt. A good one mitt should offer both high resistance to heat and offer insulation.
#What is the best material for oven mitts?
Mostly Cotton made and Silicon made oven mitts are popular all over the world. Now the question is which one is best for you to pick. Let’s see the comparison between cotton and silicon made oven mitts.
Silicon Vs Cotton
- Cotton made oven mitts offer fascinating protection to your hand in everyday cooking seasons. Where silicon mitts place where cotton mitts depart off. Silicon mitts provide the highest heat protection at higher temperatures.
- Cotton mitts are excellent for baking cookies, bread loaves, casseroles, and put in and off hot items in the oven. On the other hand, silicone mitts are excellent for barbecue or deep frying projects.
- Cotton gloves are easy to put on and off. Besides, those are flexible enough to ensure a secure grip and maximum comfort. On the contrary, silicon made mitts are can withstand massive heat. Besides, those are easy to clean. All you have to do is rinse off in the sink and TADAA!
- There are some downsides of cotton made oven mitts. Those can’t withstand massive temperature. If you often use 450-degree temperature, don’t use a cotton oven mitt. You have to keep it completely dry or steam burn can take place. Besides, those mitts need to clean regularly for the stay in a hygienic way.
- There are some downsides of silicone oven mitts as well. If silicone gets oily, it will become slippery and you can’t grip anything with it. Besides, some customers complained that silicone is a bit clumsy in comparison to cotton. In addition, silicon mitts are a bit hassle to put on and put off.
Silicone made oven mitts provide good heat protection and gripping ability. It is the most popular material for oven mitts in daily cooking life.
Some oven mitts are also made from materials such as Kevlar and Nomex. Kevlar provides a lot of durability and security since it is a very strong fiber that makes bulletproof vests. Nomex is also a good material because it is flame-resistant and provides comfort when you are using it.
- The way of cleaning it
#What about Oven Gloves?
Oven Gloves are different from oven mitts in terms of design. Usually, gloves have five spaces for individual fingers where mitts don’t come with spaces for each finger. So, some people prefer gloves over oven mitts. Gloves provide more Maneuverability than oven mitts.
The materials of the oven gloves will differ. Some of the oven gloves are made of cotton materials where else some other gloves are made of Teflon and Kevlar. If you need ultimate protection from oven gloves you should go for Teflon made or Kevlar made oven gloves.
With any of these best oven mitts and gloves, you can cook freely in your house or any other place without being terrified that you will burn yourself. They are the safest options in the market that offer good grips and heat protection.
You better go for something affordable but not compromise with good quality. The things we use daily in our kitchens should make us feel good. Grab one from here for the best deal.