Fillet knives are one of the most essential kitchen accessories that every home should have. The purpose of a fillet knife is filleting. It has a very thin and sharp blade that helps to fillet a piece of meat or fish quickly and effortlessly. However, there are various kinds of fillet knives available in the market now. So it seems confusing to pick the best fillet knives. You have to have proper knowledge about the material and features.
I did the research for you! As I also needed a fillet knife and I needed to pick one of the best fillet knives for my wife. I will review the knives according to their quality and features.
After a laborious study over the internet and surveying the market for a couple of days, I somehow manage to make a list of the 13 top-rated fillet knives. Those fillet knives are so far the most workable and effective options for you with extraordinary quality and performance. Let’s see its features.
Top Rated Fillet Knives in 2020: Our Picks
|KastKing Fillet Knife 9 Inch|
|American Angler Pro|
|Rapala Heavy Duty|
|Mercer Culinary Millennia Narrow Fillet Knife|
|Bubba Li-Ion Cordless Fillet Knife|
|Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife|
13 Best Fillet Knives Reviews of 2020
Fillet knives come in both electric and manual types. If you have to deal with lots of fishes at a time, then electric fillet knives are essential for you.
Now a day’s it gained huge popularity among people due to their heavy-duty, and quick performance. I surveyed and make a list of the 13 best fillet knives including both types. Let’s check out…
1. American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife
Allow me to say the name of the most powerful electric Fillet knife well known as American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife. It is well made and sturdy electric knife. Though it has a powerful motor and able to fillet a lot of fish at a time but yet it doesn’t overheat easily.
The knife includes 5 blades for different types of filleting tasks. If the fish is big and bones are big as well don’t have to worry a little. American Angler Pro is enough for you.
This electric fillet built well and works flawlessly for a couple of years. If I say it is one of the best fillet knives, I don’t think you can argue with me!
American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife Features
- It provides smooth and consistent filleting with 110volt power
- It includes 8 feet power cord
- Has cooling fan work longer
- Flexible blade provides reciprocation 2 blade action
- It ensures universal compatibility
- 5 different type of blades included
2. Bubba Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife
Need a heavy-duty electric Fillet knife? Well, stop searching and pick this Bubba Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife. It includes a heavy-duty motor that ensures the best performance.
The Electric Fillet Knife will provide incredible control even with the biggest sized fish. With this one, you can flawlessly cut through RIB bones, backbones and work faster with walleye, salmon, trout, and other large fish.
The electric knife for filleting is dishwasher safe so you can easily clean it also it lasts for years with proper maintenance. Don’t miss the chance to use this best cordless fillet knife.
Bubba Cordless Electric Fillet Knife Features
- It includes a heavy-duty motor for flawless filleting
- Reciprocating style blades included
- It has a no-slip grip handle for maximum safety and comfort
- 8.5 inches length of handles with 1.11 pounds weighs
- Durable blade and ergonomic trigger
- Easily detachable blades for the highest convenience
- Also comes with battery life indicator with LED display
- Includes 4 Ti-Nitride Tin stainless steel coated blades, wall-charger, and a durable case
3. Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife
Let’s have look at Rapala Heavy-Duty Electric Fillet Knife feature. No matter you are going to filleting a big fish this electric fillet knife has the power to do it effortlessly. It can cut through the rib and backbones faster of any big fish like walleye, salmon, trout, or any other ones.
The 7 – 1/2″ reciprocating blade is the right size required for most of the filleting needs. The quiet durable motor runs cool and smooth for a longer time. A good and ergonomic grip handle rewards you a fatigue-free filleting every time.
A long cord of 8 foot ensures enough space for filleting around the table. The double up speed and power makes it the best electric fillet knife for big fish.
Rapala Lithium Ion Cordless Fillet Knife Features
- 110 V power motor
- Almost a quiet and cool motor performance
- Heavy-Duty electric fillet knives for filleting any big fish
- Great controlling
- Custom advanced airflow body
- Dishwasher safe to clean easily
4. KastKing Fillet Knife 9 Inch, Professional Level Knives for Filleting Fish
According to my opinion, KastKing Fillet Knife is the best. Why? It is made of G4116 German Stainless-Steel blades that make the knife razor-sharp than you imagine.
The longer edge of KastKing knives make the activity of filleting fish of almost all sizes, stealing huge game fish, or removing flesh & meat to the bones easier than ever.
The flexible stainless steel blades of the knife are ideal for making a delicate and thinner cut of meat of fish or chicken. It is truly a professional level knife that will serve you a longer time than any other fillet knives in the market.
A superbly comfortable, slip-resistant grip is attached with the handles so you can feel a perfect grip on your knife. It also comes with a protective sheath over the blade for your safety. This one also available in most required lengths and shapes for your convenience.
The overall construction, shapes, performance, durability, longevity, and safety of this versatile knife made us recommend it as the Best Fillet Knife for fishing.
Dexter Wide Fillet Knife Features
- It fillets fish perfectly
- Razor-sharp stainless steel blades
- Also comes with a nice black finish
- No-slip super polymer handle grip
- The sheath is locked with the handle for safety purposes
- 6″, 7″, and 9″ curved flexible blades for filleting almost any sizes of fish
- Professional fillet knives
5. Mercer Culinary Millennia Narrow Fillet Knife, 8.5-Inch, Black
Well, don’t overlook one of the best selling fillet knives by Mercer Culinary. It looks pretty stylish with a comfortable black handle and designed with the high carbon material steel for better durability.
The strength and sharpness of the knife make it unstoppable. The top-quality Japanese stainless steel blade ensures easy maintenance and rapid sharpening for the razor-sharp edge.
The handle is great and comfortable. Its textured finger points ensure a good grip, no-slip, and safety filleting experience.
Mercer Culinary Millennia Narrow Fillet Knife Features
- Superb quality high-carbon Japanese stainless steel blade
- Durable construction
- The handle is made of Santoprene for flexibility and polypropylene for the highest durability
- NSF certified
- Must be careful as it is sharper than any fillet knives
- Non-slip textured finger points
- Razor-sharp edge
- Easy to maintain
- Protective guard for finger
6. Wusthof Classic 7-Inch Fillet Knife with Sheath
If you are tired of searching for the best one yet, then it’s time for you to stop searching and have a look at the Wusthof Classic Pro Angler Fillet Knife.
It is one of the top rated fillet knives available in the market with a synthetic traditional style handle. That provides the best filleting performance with outstanding grip control. It designed with valuable high-carbon stainless steel.
However, this knife is stain resistant and lasts for so long time. The blade is pretty durable and the cleaning process is easy and simple. For your kitchen, this Wusthof Classic Pro Angler Fillet Knife is a must-have choice.
Wusthof Classic 7-Inch Fillet Knife with Sheath Features
- It is a versatile knife for filleting, deboning, skinning fish.
- It designed with Precision-forged of high-carbon steel
- Has stain resistant features
- Includes Precise tapering from grinding and polishing procedure
- Comfortable traditional style handle made of synthetic material
- Made in The Cutlery Capital of the World” Solingen Germany
7. Victorinox 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife
Are you feeling disappointed while separating meat, poultry, or fish from the bone? No need to worry about it. Here is the Victorinox Flex Boning Knife for you that are designed to provide the best support you desired.
The blade is sharp enough to reduce your effort and has a straight edge that allows the smooth and perfect cut. The blade is also enough flexible that enhanced maneuverability around bones.
The grip on the handle is quite comfortable and the knife is little for carrying with you. The boning knife is very lightweight but yet provides beast-like performance.
Victorinox 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife Features
- It features a thin blade and high flexibility
- The knife has a super controlling facility
- It is NFS approved
- Provides better security with Fibrox Pro Handle
- Made with high-quality stainless steel
- Customer satisfaction is guaranteed
8. Rapala 4 Soft Grip Fillet knife
The Rapala Soft Grip Fillet knife designed with the best Rapala flexible stainless steel that ensures durability and enhances the performance of the knife. It has a non-slip, soft-grip molded textured handle that provides the best control.
According to so many users, this fillet knife is the best for fish on the market. It is durable enough and the cleaning is simpler than you imagine. If you love to eat fish often then this is the best choice for you.
However, the handle also provides better control and the blade is sharp enough to fillet larger fishes. Let’s have look at its important features.
Rapala 4 Soft Grip Fillet knife Features
- Made of famous Rapala flexible stainless steel
- It has a soft grip molded texture handle
- Provides the maximum control
- Non-slip features available
- It includes a black sheath that easily fits on your belt
- It also comes with a single-stage sharpener
- Razor-sharp blade
9. Columbia River Knife (CRKT) 3085 Clark Fork Fillet Knife
Columbia River Knife is one of the most popular fillet knives with the smartest folding features. You can fold the blade into the handle while not in use. So, for outdoor activities, this Columbia River Knife is the best choice.
It is amazing for indoor use as well with superior filleting quality. You can be able to fillet dozens of fish with this beast and it will still remain sharp.
It is a great little filet knife, it’s light and easy to carry on the belt as it included a sheath. It has a nice sharp edge that ensures the best filleting performance.
CRKT 3085 Clark Fork Fillet Knife Features
- Folding features available
- It comes with an innovative tail lock safety bar
- Included reinforced nylon sheath
- Provides cleaning cuts with a sharp blade
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to carry for outdoor works
- The blade locked safely in the place
10. Dexter-Russell Sani-Safe S133-8WS1-CP 8″ Narrow Fillet Knife
The Dexter-Russell Sani-Safe S133-8WS1-CP 8″ narrow fillet knife another best fillet knife made of high- carbon steel. It is durable and pretty lightweight. The handle is made of polypropylene is it is comfortable and the blade fillets amazingly.
It has corrosion and stain-resistant features and wears to maintain its edge. For ensuring safety it has figured guard facility available. Don’t miss the chance to use this best fillet knife.
Dexter-Russell Fillet Knife Features
- It comes with a sheath
- Perfect for fillet fish
- Made of high carbon steel
- Corrosion and stain resistant features available
- It has a polypropylene handle that resists impacts and provides a suitable grip
- Finger guard facility available
11. Bubba Blade 12″ Flex Fillet Knife BB1-12F
Presenting the most beautiful and stylish Bubba Blade Flex Fillet Knife for you. It is one of the largest fillet knives in the market with 18 inches of lengths. For cutting larger fish this filleting knife is incredible.
This best filleting knife made from a single piece of steel to ensure stability and performance during work. The blade fillets way amazingly and the handle has no-slip grip features to ensure the best comfort. Without any doubt, this is the choice for you.
Bubba Blade 12″ Flex Fillet Knife Features
- Designed with a single piece of steel
- Provides amazing stability
- Full tang construction made
- Covered with a non-stick bonded surface with Titanium
- It has a trigger grip for extra comfort and heat while needed
- Thermoplastic Polymer handle included with synthetic rubber
- Provides outstanding grip security
12. Ultimate Kitchen – 7″ Fillet Knife with Gut Spoon and Sheath
Don’t think it’s crap with its outlook! Don’t judge a book by its cover someone said. It is one of the most versatile and extraordinary fillet knives that will blow your mind instantly.
You can clean your fish instantly like a professional with this Ultimate Kitchen Fillet Knife. To secure the knife in your belt this amazing knife comes with a sheath and it is quite easy to sharpen.
However, it made with superior heat tempered steel and amazing nylon made the handle for outstanding grip. Don’t think twice if you want this one!
Ultimate Kitchen – 7″ Fillet Knife Features
- It comes with a GUT Spoon to clean fish instantly
- For provides custom fit in your belt it has a sheath
- Nylon handle provides outstanding grip
- The blade cuts flawlessly
- 100% satisfaction is ensured
- Durable and razor-sharp blade
13. Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife
Let me introduce you to the best fishing fillet knife namely Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife. It is capable of fillet almost all sized fish. The blade is flexible enough to cut little fishes properly. This knife is available in two sizes for two different purposes.
It comes with a high function grip that provides the grip you always dream of. It has also a plastic sheath that is easy to clean and doesn’t let odors absorb. The 6.1-inch knife has two belt clips and the 3.5-inch knife has one.
The blade is exceptionally sharp to provide beast-like performance. However, both the knife is durable enough to last a lifetime.
Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife Features
- It made with the finest stainless steel material
- Comes with a high-friction handle that supports amazingly
- 6.1-inch blade provides versatility
- The 3.5-inch blade is a beast for little fishes
- 6.1 inch has two clips for the belt and 3.5 inches has a single clip
- The blade is razor-sharp
- Provides high hardness and exceptional toughness
- It has corrosion resistance facility
- The handle is made of High-friction that doesn’t absorb odors
Those are the best fillet knives for fishing in 2020. However, there are several kinds of stuff you need to consider while going to buy fillet knives. Allow me to show you the facts you must know before purchasing the best one.
Best Fillet Knives – Ultimate Buying Guide
You already know a fillet knife is something that helps to do all your filleting tasks especially for fish and pieces of meat. You have to have proper knowledge about so many other things. Otherwise, your purchase may go in vain.
Actually, it is mandatory to consider the material while going to purchase anything even if it is a fillet knife. Actually, most of the fillet knives made with stainless steel material. However, cheap fillet knives also made with stainless steel material but their quality is worst.
As you have to spend your money so try to invest it on something superior. Go for a well-known brand and you will not regret that’s I promise you. That’s the reason we listed those 13 filleting knives for your convenience.
Purpose of Your Fillet Knives
There are a variety of fillet knives available in the market and choosing the best one is a difficult task. While choosing the best fillet knives don’t forget to consider your purpose. Fillet knives usually do all your filleting tasks such as cutting fishes, vegetables, fruits, meats, etc.
- If you have to deal with fish and meat often, you have to have a strong long fillet knife like the above ones.
- For professional users, electric powered and very sharp fillet knives are suitable. Go for our top 3 for the best professional fillet knives.
- However, fillet knives mainly specialized in filleting fishes don’t forget that!
Fillet Knives Size
Size does matter. No matter if it is the fillet knife or coffee maker you have to consider the size before purchasing the best one. Usually, fillet knives come in various sizes.
The size starts from 4 inches to 9 inches or even more. If you have to deal with larger fish frequently then it would be better if you pick a knife with a larger size. For light works, you can go for a little one.
Flexibility of Blades
The flexibility of blades is one of the key features of the best fillet knife. While buying, observe if the blade is flexible or not. If you have to deal with smaller fishes often then better blade flexibility is mandatory.
For larger blades, little flexibility is enough but for little blades, it’s essential in order to ensure your safety and knife’s performance.
The best knife often considers a terrible product due to uncomfortable handling. We often study fine quality stainless steel blade and sharpness but overlook the handling facility. Remember, it is the handle where you will grasp.
If the handle is unable to provide you the best grip and comfort then the fillet knife is useless. If the handle slips out from your hand, you can cut yourself. It is way dangerous. However, plastic handle now a day’s provides the best grip.
Precautions of Using Fillet Knives
Knives are useful tools no doubt about that. But they are dangerous too. So while picking a fillet knife don’t overlook the safety features. Most of the modern fillet knives have a finger guard system available.
Don’t pick one without a safety feature. Also, while working with the knife stay focus don’t lose your concentration.
Types of Fillet Knives
Boning knives vs. Filleting knives
A fillet knife is a kitchen knife that is used for all the filleting jobs. It provides great flexibility and aids in filleting works. It is specialized to cut fishes. Though other light works can be done with filleting knife but use it for fishes is the best idea.
A boning knife is a kind of kitchen knife that has a sharp point and a slim blade. It is suitable for food preparation to take out the bones of poultry, meat, and fish. Pick the knife according to your need.
Electric Vs Manual Fillet Knives
If you need to clean a lot of fish at a time an electric filleting knife is essential for you. It includes a powerful motor that provides an automatic cleaning process and fillets lots of fish instantly. It will lessen your effort on slicing and cleaning tons of fish at a time.
On the other hand, manual fillet knives are suitable for single works. You may slice and clean some fish at a time. But for a large amount of fish, it is not suitable.
So, if you have to clean and slice tons of fish instantly pick one of the best electric fillet knife and if you need to clean and slice a little amount then go for the manual one. But both of the versions provide great performance if you pick the right one.
FAQ – Frequently Asking Questions
You often asked some questions about fillet knives. I am going to give you some answers to those common questions. However, if you need to know something more you can comment on, definitely I will try to answer. Let’s see the common questions and their answers.
What is a fillet knife?
A fillet knife is a kitchen knife that can do all your fleeting tasks. It can be used to fillet fishes, fruits, vegetables, meats, and etc. But fillet knives are specialized for filleting various types of fishes.
Why is it mandatory for my kitchen?
A Fillet knife is a versatile tool that every kitchen must-have. Filleting is a regular job in every kitchen. And there is no kitchen where we don’t have to deal with fishes often. As fillet knives do all those works like a pro and provide you the best performance with little effort so it is mandatory.
What is the price range of a fillet knife?
There are various types of fillet knives available in the market with various price ranges. The price varies according to their quality. A low-quality fillet knife offers knives with a cheap budget. But they don’t ensure durability and performance.
If you go for a branded fillet knife you may have to spend a little more cash but they will provide the best performance and last for so long. The price of fillet knives starts below 10 dollars and you will find a knife up to 500 dollars and more.
How long a fillet knife last?
Fillet knives can last a lifetime if you pick the best one and maintain it properly. Even they have the ability to provide the same consistent performance all the time.
So, you already have appropriate knowledge about fillet knives and things to consider before purchasing the best one. The journey with you is about to an end. Hope this guide will help you a lot in choosing the perfect one.
Lastly, I want to say, don’t be a fool to purchase the cheap fillet knife with the worst quality material. Low-quality products will weaken quickly and you have to change it on a regular basis.
Better spend your money on some top-rated fillet knives with amazing quality as we mentioned above. If you take care properly it will last a lifetime. Work safely with your knife. Stay safe and share your views with us. See you soon till then keep smiling.
Good Luck !!!