Life has become busy. It has been getting busier day by day. In this busy life, we get too little time to do things. That is the sole reason why different gadgets, devices, and appliances are being created to make it a bit of easy.
Today we have thousands of devices and appliances at hand. From mopping the floor to cook foods instantly and all the way to shave your beards automatically. Thank god they were there! Or else we couldn’t get out of the primitive age.
One such appliance that has made our lives smoother is rice cookers. Formerly it took a considerable amount of time and effort to cook rice. But with the advent of these best electric rice cookers, the amount of time and effort has lessened to half.
- 1 Best rice cookers: All you need to know
- 1.1 Best Electric rice cooker reviews: How to find out the best rice cookers?
- 1.2 Instant Pot 6Qt/1000W IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- 1.3 Hamilton Beach 37549 Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker
- 1.4 Cuckoo 110v CRP-G1015F 10 Cup Electric Pressure Rice Cooker
- 1.5 Zojirushi Brown NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
- 1.6 Elechomes CR502 10 Cups Uncooked Rice Cooker
- 1.7 Aroma Housewares ARC-150SB 20 Cup Cooked Digital Rice Cooker
- 1.8 T-fal RK705851 10-In-1 Rice and Multicooker
- 1.9 Cuisinart CRC-400 Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
- 1.10 Breville BRC600XL The Risotto Plus Sauteing Slow Rice Cooker and Steamer
- 1.11 BLACK+DECKER RCS614 Rice Cooker
- 2 Best rice cooker: How to Choose Before Buying
- 3 Final words
Best rice cookers: All you need to know
An electric rice cooker is an automated appliance that cooks the rice within a very short time. You just need to pour the right amount of water with the exact amount of rice, close the lid, switch it on, and forget. It will automatically cook the rice. After completion, it will stop itself too. No need to frequent checking as before.
When the first model came out, it only served as a rice cooker. But as time went by, newer inventions were made. Newer features were added to the good old electric rice cookers. Today when we say a cooker the best rice cooker, it comes with a lot of features in it.
Today a rice cooker is not only a rice cooker. It is a multi-purpose home appliance which is needed at every modern house. What invokes us to say today’s models as a multi-purpose rice cooker? It is the things you can do with it. Today you can cook regular meat or poultry, make stew, prepare soup, beans, chili, porridge, and multigrain along with the original rice cooking. In short, a rice cooker is now a jack of many trades.
Best Electric rice cooker reviews: How to find out the best rice cookers?
In the present world, there is a huge problem. There are too many options to choose between and most of the times a question arises in our mind. The nature of the question is similar among all of us. Which one is better among all the options? And why is that?
Well, there may be lots of ways in which a company is trying to tell you that they sell the best electric rice cooker in the market. But who doesn’t say that, right? Does that mean all of them are the best in the market? You and I both know that it can’t be true. Biased advertising is the biggest hoax in the history of mankind. And who is free from this menace now a day? So how to distinguish between the best and the ordinary? That is our quest here today.
We have researched some of the best brands in the market and we will do a post mortem on them here today. We will try to look at the positive sides of a cooker and at the negative sides as well.
Instant Pot 6Qt/1000W IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
We will start our list by the rice cooker from Instant Pot. Made with 3 ply bottom stainless steel, this cooker comes with 14 microprocessor controlled programs. It has a dual pressure setting with an automatic warm keeping option. This machine is highly kitchen friendly as well as energy efficient.
- Dual pressure setting. Enables you to reduce your cooking time up to 70% at high-pressure and a low-pressure setting for delicate foods like to sauté.
- Comes with 7 functions and 3 temperatures for sautéing and slow cook.
- The build material is 3 ply bottom food grade stainless steel.
- Brushed steel for fingerprint resistance.
- 14 microprocessor controlled programs.
- 10 proven safety mechanisms that are certified by UL and ULC.
- Safety lid lock and pressure regulator.
- Leaky lid smart detection.
- Anti-blockage air vent.
- Smart lid position detector.
- Automatic pressure control and excess power protection.
- High-temperature monitoring and power cut off when the temperature exceeds the safe limit.
- To speak honestly, we couldn’t find any negative reviews on this product. Some users may have accused this model of some minor things but those are not credible enough to put a negative remark on this. So we can say that we are on a clean sheet about this product. And that you can buy it without any tension.
Hamilton Beach 37549 Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker
In at number 2 we have a product from Hamilton Beach. Hamilton beach is renowned for making durable home appliances for a long time now. Likely they have made to the list of the best electric rice cooker. The reasons are interesting too, let’s have a look.
- 6 different settings for white rice, quick rice, whole grain, heat/simmer, steam cook, and hot cereals.
- 14 cup cooked rice capacity, ideal for cooking for a group.
- Unique heat and simmer function.
- The cooking and shifting to warm are fully automatic.
- It has a delay start option which enables you to prepare for cooking up to 15 hours in advance.
- Easy to use and clean in dishwashers.
- Sometimes when the capacity limit is surpassed, it might overflow through an air vent.
Cuckoo 110v CRP-G1015F 10 Cup Electric Pressure Rice Cooker
If you are an ardent lover of oriental brown rice, this electric pressure rice cooker from Cuckoo is a must have. Without further ado, let’s have a look at the bright sides with dark alleys.
- 10 cup capacity, enough for 10 people.
- Teflon coated inner pot for durability.
- You can cook brown rice and GABA with it.
- Comes with 3 colors.
- Made in Korea.
- Comes with Korean voice navigation only.
- Sometimes project a strange noise.
Zojirushi Brown NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
Another best brown rice cooker comes from the Zojirushi. With the induction system and some advanced features, this model has stolen the show. Why? Here are the reasons.
- Multi-menu function.
- Umami setting for extending the steaming and soaking time.
- Steam reduces setting.
- Scorch setting for making your rice crispy.
- The AI technology that learns from past cooking patterns and adjusts the cooking flow to match with your ideal need.
- Induction heating for retaining even temperature.
- Advanced pressure system to disallow air or liquids to escape from the preset pressure.
- Automatic and extended keep warm.
- Keep warm monitor and reheat function.
- Detachable inner lid for easy cleaning.
- Wide and illuminated LCD control panel.
- The non-stick inner coating tends to peel off with age.
Elechomes CR502 10 Cups Uncooked Rice Cooker
- Comes with 16 functions.
- Delay start function.
- The micro computerized fuzzy logic that practically reads your mind and tells you to adjust the temperature when necessary.
- Sleek black exterior of stainless steel with intuitive LED display
- None! Unbelievable, we agree. But seriously, there are no SINGLE dark sides of it. And that’s what makes it the best rice cooker.
Aroma Housewares ARC-150SB 20 Cup Cooked Digital Rice Cooker
In the list of best brown rice cookers, Aroma Housewares is certainly a trusted name. This cooker comes with many features.
- 20 cups of cooked rice capacity.
- Steams meat and vegetables at the upper section and rice cooks below, all at the same time.
- 15-hour delay timer.
- Basic keep warm function
- White rice, brown rice, flash rice, steam and slow cook options.
- Programmable and easy to use digital control.
- Comes with steam tray, measuring cup and serving spatula.
- Sometimes the quinoa can be overcooked.
- Takes a bit of extra time to cook than the others of the class.
T-fal RK705851 10-In-1 Rice and Multicooker
The T-fal RK705851 is on the list for several reasons. To start with, it comes with most of the features as the previously described models. One or two features are even more than those.
- 10 in 1 setting with rice, risotto, oatmeal, reheat, slow cook, soup, yogurt, baking, browning, and keep warm.
- Fuzzy Logic technology.
- 24-hour delay start option.
- 2 mm thick inner pot with ceramic coating.
- The rice doesn’t cook evenly every time.
Cuisinart CRC-400 Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
Another best rice cooker is Cuisinart CRC-400. It differentiates itself from the others with its design and performance.
- Elegant design with a square shape.
- Full stainless steel body.
- Built to North American Electrical Standards.
- Comes with a stainless steel steaming basket, a glass lid, a paddle and a measuring cup.
- Gets messy at times.
- Traditional design tends to spear off the attraction towards it.
Breville BRC600XL The Risotto Plus Sauteing Slow Rice Cooker and Steamer
If you are looking for a slow rice cooker and steamer, you are at the right place. Breville offers the best quality for this class.
- 20 cup capacity
- Specially made for risotto making.
- Gives tender slow-cooked meals, stir-free risotto, and quinoa all in the same aluminum non-stick cooking bowl.
- Removable cord for direct serving at the table.
- Comes in just one color. A choice is too limited.
BLACK+DECKER RCS614 Rice Cooker
And finally at number 10 we have a rice cooker with food steamer from Black Decker. Crafted with elegant design and durable material, this cooker is certainly the model to watch out for.
- 14 cup capacity.
- Sauté and simmer function.
- Comes with a steaming basket and removable non-stick bowl.
- Automatic keep warm function.
- Eye-catching design.
- Durable stainless steel body.
- If you overcook the rice, it may give you a burning smell.
Best rice cooker: How to Choose Before Buying
If you are planning to buy a rice cooker for yourself, you have to keep certain of some facts. Facts related to your needs.
Decide first that for what purpose you will buy and use the cooker. If it is just for cooking rice and keeping them warm, go for the basic models. Want to make something more out of it? Then there are models that enable you to move one or two step further with it.
And if you are a food lover and love to cook, you have to choose the heavy ones with the most features and options. Those will enable you to go beyond your imagination and create some culinary art in your kitchen where you will be the creator, the kitchen top will be your canvas, and the cooker will be your chisel.
If you are inclined to throw parties at your house and cook everything for yourself, always select the ones with the most capacity and options. Another factor to consider before buying is the warranty and return policy of the company. Warranties make you shielded of any mishaps and return policies are needed if you don’t find it useful.
Buying the best electric rice cooker or the best brown rice cooker is not a hectic job. If you know what you want and you have the exact idea of what to look for in a model, it’s really easy.
So stop getting confused with all the flashy ads on the internet or in your newspapers. When you are certain, just search on the internet and see for yourself. As it is impossible to use anything before buying, having a look at the expert reviews can help you to a great extent.