What is better than ice cream in the summertime? Whipping up a cone or a cup of own ingredients with the perfect amount of sugar and ice can make your summer sweat go away. Ice cream sellers are away and ice cream makers are in.
Reviewing Ice-cream makers are hard because of every little detail matter. We have rounded up a couple of them by their features and usefulness. After all who wants a useless machine?
Here we are, presenting you with the reviews of 13 best ice cream makers of 2017. Note that they are not ranked in any way just ordered with numbers.
- 1 Best Ice-cream Maker Machine: Top 13 Pick’s in 2017
- 1.1 Cuisinart ICE-30BC
- 1.2 iGloo ice-102 ice maker (Makes Only Ice Cubes)
- 1.3 Cuisinart ice-100 ice cream maker
- 1.4 Cuisinart ice-45
- 1.5 Cuisinart ice-70
- 1.6 Whynter ICM-200LS
- 1.7 Whynter ICM-15LS Ice cream maker machine
- 1.8 Breville BCI600XL
- 1.9 Cuisinart ICE-30R
- 1.10 Gourmia GSI280 Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- 1.11 MaxiMatic EIM-506
- 1.12 VonShef Professional Fully Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- 1.13 Lello 4080 Musso Lussino
- 2 Best Ice-Cream Maker: The Complete Buying Guide
Best Ice-cream Maker Machine: Top 13 Pick’s in 2017
The Cuisinart ice-30BC is a small appliance with the power to create sorbet, ice-cream, and yogurt. This small powerhouse is fully automated and has an easy cleanup option. The Cuisinart has a brushed metal outer layer which makes it look attractive in a kitchen and to the children. The ICE-30BC is the best selling ice cream maker in the market. Need more details? click here.
The benefits of this machine are:
- Pour ingredients through sprout: Add nuts or chips without hampering the freezing
- simple lock lid: transparent and simple locking system that lets you watch the freezing system
- Mixing spoon: adds ingredient and air to create cold drinks and desserts
- Heavy duty motor system: lets the machine handle ice cream, cold drinks, and yogurts
- Double insulated wall: makes freezing system faster and keeps it cool after making
- Rubber bottom: lets it stay at one place and doesn’t slip
iGloo ice-102 ice maker (Makes Only Ice Cubes)
The iGloo ice102 is the machine that has a beautiful outer layer and a beautiful finish that will match any kitchen type. It is faster than its competitors, and creates a batch within 6 minutes and can make 26 pounds a day. Be pleasantly surprised the quality of ice cream it brings out.
Here is a list of reasons to consider this machine:
- A very light ice maker
- Produces a batch of ice in 6 minutes
- Quiet and continuous worker
- Indicators to let you know that there is less water, bucket is full
- The electronic controls are easy to use
Cuisinart ice-100 ice cream maker
Never have a party without quality ice cream with the Cuisinart ice-100. Another wonder machine of Cuisinart will blow you away with the cold windy ice cream and gelato maker! Consider this as one of the best ice cream makers machines in the market. Who doesn’t love the homemade stuff! It’s easy to use, looks stylish and elegant in a kitchen and it can even create sorbet!
Here are the pros of the machine:
- See through lid: watch the machine in action of the freezing cycle
- Add ingredients: mix in opening lets you add ingredients in the middle of the freezing cycle without interrupting
- Two mixing paddles: lets you mix a rich filled gelato and ice cream
- Touchpad and LCD layout: Lets you know that the freezing cycle is over and touchpads are there for easy pressing
A professional ice cream maker is also known as Cuisinart ice-45 creates superb quality sorbet and ice cream. It also creates soft ice cream. Add sprinkles, chocolate chips and fill your cone fully automated way with this beautiful, elegant and one of the best ice cream maker machine. Many of the ice cream maker reviews are all over the internet, but here’s why you should consider buying Cuisinart ice-45:
- Double insulated freezing bowl with automated serve system
- Cone holder, easy cleaning, and has condiment dispensers
- Make 1 or half quarter ice cream in 20 minutes, doesn’t require ice
- Swirls of soft ice cream like no other machine
Make 2 quarts of ice cream in just 20 minutes with the Cuisinart ice-70. Has the best ice cream maker reviews online because the Cuisinart creates the most kitchen friendly appliances. Make yogurt, ice cream, gelato, and sorbet with this machine. With a beautiful LCD and push pad settings,
Here’s a list of reasons why you should buy this one:
- 2quarts of ice cream, sorbet, yogurt, and gelato maker within 20 minutes
- Fast processing time with a unique paddle
- Speed control comes with 3 speed
- Auto shutdown with timer
- Has a built in ingredient mixer
If you are looking for a way to quickly and quietly make ice cream, Whynter ICM-200LSis the appliance you will find amazing. Just fill up the tank with water, press couple of buttons and your ice is here! A portable ice cream maker that will make your summer go freezing! Here’re a couple of reasons to consider this machine:
- The steel is stainless
- Doesn’t require pre-freezing and is a self-contained dessert maker
- Easy cleaning and storage
- Has a removable bowl
- Protect function protects motor from damage
Whynter ICM-15LS Ice cream maker machine
A frozen dessert maker that made its way through the strong competition and has great ice cream maker reviews. One of the best ice cream makers in the market has lots of pros. This professional ice cream maker gives you some premium features and excellent quality ice cream. Check out the details here:
- Doesn’t require pre-freezing and has self-contained
- Easy cleaning and removable bowl
- Has a built in audible timer
- Has a capacity of 1.5 liter
- Auto shutdown motor to prevent damage from frozen dessert
The Breville BCI600XL is one of the best ice cream makers out there and has interesting and useful features. You can select the hardness of the ice cream with an easy control unit. It also features child lock and automatic alert beep system! Here’s the reason you should buy this unique machine:
- 12 different hardness settings for ice cream, yogurt, sorbet and gelato
- Has a self-refrigerating compressor
- You can choose between automated and manual control
- Can keep cool up to 3 hours
- Pre-cool features for optimum performance
The state of the art design comes with a name called Cuisinart ICE-30R. If you are looking up best ice cream maker in 2016, this elegant red machine will definitely show up. It’s a small powerhouse and makes ice cream faster than most other. The double-insulated freezer bowl and heavy duty ingredient motor make the most delicious ice cream.
Here are the extra features:
- Fully automated ice-cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt maker
- Has a heavy duty motor and a stainless steel finished housing
- Makes 2 quarts of ice cream in 25 minutes
- Has a large ingredient spout to mix your ice cream with sprinkles and chocolate chips
Gourmia GSI280 Automatic Ice Cream Maker
Who doesn’t feel affection for homemade ice cream? Make the best flavor ice cream in your home with The Gourmia’s Automatic Ice Cream Maker. It offers you to control all of the ingredients in the ice-cream maker to customize the taste according to your need. It is an all in one machine that will let you make soft or hard ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, gelato, or other delicious frozen treats in under 60 minutes of time.
Here are the features that will attract any buyer in the market:
- Own built in cooling system included
- All in one machine
- Includes Hard & Soft serve option in the control panel
- Comes with a delicious cookbook
- Takes Approximately 60 minutes to make ice cream
- Small space needed
- Looks very stylish
If you are in the market and looking for an ice cream maker that looked like it came from the past, MaxiMatic EIM-506 is the one you are looking for. It will surely catch your eye because it’s a bucket! A bucket with all the modern equipment in it! It comes with a handmade pine bucket with automatic and manual function.
It’s perfect for your family outing, BBQ parties or picnics. It’s portable, useful and will light up your kitchen anytime! Here are the features that this machine offer:
- Make 6quarts of ice cream, gelato, sorbet and yogurt with this old fashioned machine
- Comes with a solid pine wood bucket which is better than plastic
- Simple operating buttons and easy cleaning options
- It also comes with a heavy-duty aluminum freezing canister
- Heavy duty motor keeps the paddle moving and creates premium quality ice cream
- Makes ice cream within 40 minutes and has overheat protection
VonShef Professional Fully Automatic Ice Cream Maker
If you are into modern and future tech, VonShef Professional Fully Automatic Ice Cream Maker is the one you are looking for. What’s better than a low noise maker and fully automated machine? It can create 1.6quart of frozen yogurt, ice cream, and sorbet in 60 minutes. It’s versatile, fast and reliable.
Here is the reason you should look out for this one when you are shopping:
- Automated ice cream maker with a capacity of 1.6 quart
- Has a built in compressor and doesn’t need pre-freezing
- Has low noise level
- Simple clean up options make it easy to clean
- Has removable bowl, spoon and measuring cup
- Has buttons and LCD display to show timer
It definitely is one of the top ice cream makers in the market with the reviews saying it’s the best ice cream maker out there. So buy it before stock runs out.
Lello 4080 Musso Lussino
The most elegant machine in the market is the lello 4080 musso lussino. Create fresh, homemade ice cream, gelato, frozen yoghurt and sorbet with one of the best ice cream makers in the market. Made in Italy, this machine comes with the highest capacity and fastest ice cream making technology.
Here is the list of reasons you should buy it today:
- Make 3 quarts of sorbet, ice cream, frozen desserts per hour
- A push of two buttons and some ingredients would make your dessert right away, that’s why it’s fully automated
- Full functional timer control operation for different frozen confection
- Paddles, housing, and bowl are made of stainless steel for easy cleaning
- Premium quality ice cream maker
After all these 13 Best Ice-cream Maker Machine Reviews 2016, I can surely say I need an Ice-cream right away! Don’t you? Ice-cream makers are there to fill the void even in winter. The summer parties will never be ice cream less anymore, the breakups will never be sad when you have your own ice cream maker in the house.
People will visit your house often because they will love the frozen dessert and you will never be alone! Your child will never know what it’s like to never have ice cream because you can freeze one up right away!
Considering all these facts wouldn’t you buy an ice cream maker? Because we have spent days trying to find the right machine that is worth the price! Go on, go out, buy an ice cream maker and post pictures of your homemade ice cream all over the facebook! Happy shopping!
Best Ice-Cream Maker: The Complete Buying Guide
If you have an ice cream maker, then all you need to do is add milk, cream, sugar and flip the switch. Voila! You will get a perfect scoop of ice cream in around 15 minutes! Not only that, you can use this magic machine for making yogurt and sorbet as well.
However, there are many options to choose from when it comes to buying an ice cream maker. You need to be aware of the types that are available and their pros and cons in order to pick out the machine that would be perfect for you! So to make your job easier here is a complete ice cream maker buying guide just for you!
Types of Ice Cream Makers
Gel Canister Ice Cream Maker:
- This type comes with a container which has to be kept in the freezer for around 24 hours before making the ice-cream.
- Two tubs can be used at the same time which will allow you to make two different ice cream flavors in the same cycle.
Compressor Ice Cream Maker:
- This kind has a built-in freezer known as a compressor.
- The canister can start cooling few minutes before starting the ice cream making cycle
- This quick cooling feature gives the liberty of making another batch of ice-cream soon after the first batch is done
Traditional Ice Cream Maker:
- Uses Rock Salt and Ice to reach the desired consistency of ice cream
- Comes with an electric Crank which rotates the bucket to make the ice cream
- It takes around 20 to 30 minutes to prepare one batch of ice cream
- However, the salt and ice can get a bit messy and require a lot of clean up.
Portable Ice Cream Maker:
- Best for preparing cold treats for summer camping trips or any outdoor party
- This is also known as an Ice Cream Ball
- It requires adding the required ingredients in a ball like a container and rolling and shaking it until ice cream is formed
Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker:
- This machine is for people who loves soft serve Ice Cream
- It can also be used to create frozen yoghurt and sorbet
- Comes with a pourable dispenser and cone holder
- Take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete one batch or ice cream
Among the above-mentioned types, the gel canister and portable ice cream makers are the most budget friendly ones. While the traditional and Compressor styled ones are the most expensive ones.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Ice-Cream Maker:
- Convenience: If you are looking for the most convenient machine, then you should go for the compressor style ice-cream maker.
- Amount: If you want to buy an ice cream maker for big family gatherings, then you should choose the classic one as it can make two to four quarts in one cycle. While the Gel canister and compressor styles ones are better for personal use as they make 1 to 2 quarts at a time
- Cleaning: Ice cream making can get messy. So if you want ease of cleaning, then you can buy any electronic machine, as they have detachable parts. However, the traditional ice cream maker is very tough to clean and can end up making your kitchen area dirty.
- Storage Space: if you decide to add ice cream maker to your kitchen, you should consider the available storage space. If you buy the compressor style, then you will need a countertop as the machine is very heavy and dragging it from the storage will be a tough job. The Traditional ones are better if kept in an outdoor area or near the sink as they involve splashing of ice and salt. On the other hand, the gel canister one is small, lightweight and does not involve any additional mess. So it can be stored easily in the storage cabinet.
If you are an ice-cream fanatic, then having an ice-cream maker at home can be the best thing that has ever happened to you. It can also serve as a great wedding or birthday present! So hope this article serves its purpose and helps you buy the ice cream maker that is perfect for you!
Ice Cream Facts [Infographic]
You may also like to read about: