In the contemporary world, it is impossible to imagine kitchen life without a garbage disposer. With just a touch of a switch, cooks can grind up and wash away kitchen refuse. No wonder they are called the cook’s best friend.
While finding a garbage disposer might not be a hard undertaking, finding the ideal one can be a very hard nut to crack. It is crucial for you to identify your specific requirements first so as to find the right garbage disposal.
Garbage Disposal Reviews: Our 12 Picks
I have gathered information from customers, manufacturers and other reliable sources about the best garbage disposals available on the market today.
Here are a few of the best garbage disposers I highly recommend.
Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal
Expect hassle-free installation with the Waste King L-8000. With power up to 1.0 horsepower and the 2800RPM(Rotations/Revolutions Per Minute), anticipate this model to grind just about anything it comes across.
Other than that, this model is one of the few models that have an installed power cord, and a front mount reset button and a highly rated plumb EZ mounting system
If you compare this Waste King L-8000 with other model, you will realize that it is one of the best garbage disposal tools with the best features in the market. It will almost definitely earn its place in your kitchen, I highly recommend it
- High-speed motor with 1.0 horsepower motor and 2800 RPM
- Easy to install with the necessary hardware for hassle-free installation
- Quite quiet with insulated stainless steel grinding components
- Rust free and a life warranty against corrosion
- Has a garbage disposer, 36-inch power cord and removable splash guard included in
- Leaking problems
- A few issues noise in some models
InSinkErator 74028 Evolution Compact Garbage Disposal
It has top of the line sound reducing technology that frankly, is one of the quietest disposal units that I have come across. In fact, you will wonder if it’s working.
The evolution compact food waste disposer is sure to deliver exceptional performance where it matters most. This unit is the perfect solution for smaller households with smaller and restricted space. You should have one of these
- Sound Seal technology for advanced sound insulation
- Multi-grind technology with two grind stages to quickly grind difficult food
- Stainless steel grind component for longevity
- ¾ horsepower dura-drive induction
- Power cord not included, may cause you extra expense of purchasing it
- Not that easy to install
Insinkerator Evolution Excel Garbage Disposal
I review most models to get a few specs to write an article about them, but this one completely blew me away. The Insinkerator Evolution Excel garbage disposal with 1.0 horsepower is its name. It is one of the best garbage disposal you will find anywhere.
The model delivers exceptional performance with more volume, more foods and more challenges than any other disposer today.
Finding fault with this model is hard. The only disadvantage I found was the price on its tag. It is not pocket-friendly at all especially for low-budget buyers, otherwise, it’s a must-have for your kitchen.
- Sound seal technology that delivers ultra-quiet performance
- 1 full horsepower and dura-drive induction
- Multi-grind technology with three grind stages to quickly grind any food waste
- Jam sensor circuit
- 40 oz stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- Quite expensive
Waste King L-2600 Garbage Disposal
The Waste king L-2600 with half horsepower displays a powerful motor with a stainless steel grinding components that will ensure the blades are rust free during its kitchen tenure
The model also has a superior sound insulation, and users find it quiet to use. It’s grinding chamber is also corrosion proof for efficient and no waste disposal. Apart from this, you will also love the design of the model.
You just have to try it and find it for yourself, and I am sure you will love this equipment.
- High-speed motor with 0.5 horsepower and 2600 RPM
- Relatively quiet since it is insulated with stainless steel grinding component that reduces noise
- Quite durable since disposal is made from corrosion proof stainless steel
- 36-inch power cord included hence saving extra expenses of buying one
- Some models have defective power cord
- Installation should be explained a little more
Whirlpool GC2000PE Garbage Disposal
The Whirlpool GC2000PE garbage disposer is another example of better performing technology with Galvanized steel grinding wheel grinding and shredder ring stainless steel swivels.
The model has a continuous feed operation meaning jamming is a thing of the past with this model. This piece is sure to reduce food to fine cuttings that will whisk down the drain with no problem at all. You won’t even have to pause and check for clogging.
This model is just but perfect for an average family setting. I highly recommend it
- Little jamming problems
- Galvanized steel grinding wheel
- Stainless steel swivel
- Overload protector
- Up to one year warranty
- It is an old model, 2007. Better models have been invented since then
General Electric GFC520V Garbage Disposal
Send food waste down the drain once and for all with the general electric GFC520V garbage disposal. The model has a powerful grinding action and reduces food into smaller particles hence making it safe for any properly sized septic system.
Even more, its food waste disposal features an advanced insulation package that ensures super-quiet grinding operation, and you are sure the toddler won’t run away screaming when you turn it on like other models
Disposals are made of stainless steel, and you are sure this piece is corrosion resistant. From this specs about this piece, you realize this model is the real deal when it comes to your kitchen needs. I endorse this
- Has a heavy duty ½ horsepower permanent motor
- Over 2800 RPM grinding action
- It is a large capacity with galvanized steel turntable and direct power connection
- Stainless steel
- Anti-jam blades
- Typical leaking problems
- Not that easy to install
- A bit loud
InSinkErator Badger 5 Garbage Disposal
Coming from an InSinkErator that make the best garbage disposal tools and has been in the industry for over 75 years with a reputation of building the world’s best food disposers, you can expect the InSinkErator Badger 5 Garbage Disposal not to disappoint when it comes to the kitchen.
Studies show that nine out of ten plumbing professionals prefer Insinkerator brand garbage disposals. So when you see the badge on the badger 5, make sure you grab.
- Made in the USA.
- ½ horsepower dura drive induction motor
- 26 oz grind chamber with galvanized steel grind system
- Users have complained of leaks
Waste King L-3200 Garbage Disposal
First, the waste king l-3200 is one legend series that is stainless steel meaning you won’t find yourself replacing the disposer often since it is rust resistant.
Second, with a high speed of up to 2700 RPM the disposer can efficiently get rid of your food waste in almost no time.
Instructions have never been clearer, and this means fast, easy and pain-free installation. Apart from this, the disposer is also septic safe hence making it environment-friendly. So what are you waiting for? Grab this piece and you will be a happy customer.
- High-speed motor with up to 0.75 horsepower motor with 2700 RPM
- Very quiet since it’s insulated with stainless steel grinding components to reduce noise
- Durable because the model is made from stainless steel and rust free grinding components
- 36-inch power cord included
- A bit expensive
Moen GX50C Garbage Disposal
The first thing I liked about the Moen GX50C garbage disposal model when I first saw it is its one of a kind design. Its compact, streamlined design helps save space beneath the sink.
Moen GX50C delivers a fast grinding action of up to 2600 RPM with its high-speed vortex permanent magnet motor. It also comes with a pre-installed power cord which ensures that you save time and money since there is no need to buy a separate cord.
Backed by a 4-year limited warranty, the model is sure to tackle your everyday kitchen scrap while keeping your sink as clean as possible. I recommend this piece.
- ½ horsepower 2600 RPM Vortex motor with powerful grinding capabilities helpful in the kitchen to reduce jamming
- Pre-installed power cord, hence saving installation steps and money in other models where cord has to be bought
- Sound shield designed to ensure sound deadening insulation
- Mount system which fits the model
- A little bit hard to install for beginners
Kitchen Aid KCDB250G Garbage Disposal
The half horsepower motor in the Kitchen Aid KCDB250G delivers surprisingly quiet yet very powerful performance for your kitchen.
Its continuous feed system allows you to efficiently get rid of large quantities of waste food materials and constant grinding for quick clean up after meals
Apart from this, the disposer is connected to an electrical switch, in the process making the operation safe and easy. I recommend this
- Powerful performance
- Rotates at 1725 RPM for effective grinding
- Connected to an electrical switch for a safe operation
- Easy to use
- 1725 rotations are not high enough compared to other disposers
Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal
Whirl away with the Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal. This piece of machinery is a high-speed permanent magnet motor that produces more power per round
You can be sure the product will serve you for quite some time with its 2-year over the counter replacement warranty
An advantage with this is that it has a space-saving compact design and less cord, a feature not common with other models plus you won’t find the installation of this item hard. So why not buy it?
- Space saving compact design
- It has corrosion-resistant grinding components
- It has a system that provides for quick installation
- Less cord
- High-speed permanent magnet motor which produces more power
- Does not have a power cord
Emerson Evergrind E202 Food Waster Disposer
This is the last model I will review for you today, but it’s not as least as you expect. Its durability emanates from its rugged galvanized steel construction which also ensures that the toughest debris is handled without a struggle.
You can be sure to rely on this emerson evergrind e202 food waste disposer for top functionality while still being astoundingly affordable. Its compact design that ensures more space is saved is just but a plus for you
I highly vouch for this model, it is a requisite for your kitchen
- Has a cord includes, hence saving you money
- Has a space saving compact design
- Rugged galvanized steel construction for disposer durability
- Has a 26 oz grind chamber
- ½ horsepower heavy duty motor
- Leaks, but after a long time of using
- Check if the cord is included as some do not have them.
Best Garbage Disposal: Factors To Consider
You need to be sure that you choose the right garbage disposal for your specific requirements. The above-reviewed models are just a tip of the iceberg in the sea of the garbage disposals. Finding the ideal one for you may be easy once you know a little about them.
Always go for the best because cheaply is expensive. Here are a few factors that may be of help to you.
Motor size makes up the biggest difference between the least expensive and the most expensive garbage disposers.
Most of the small garbage disposal tools come with a 1/3 horsepower which can be enough if you are single. However, for a family, you will need a more powerful model.
A ½ or even more horsepower tool can be effective for a full family setting. However, for an extended family, you might need a horsepower of from 1.0 motor on your garbage disposal.
Garbage disposals are available in two basic designs, the continuous feed garbage disposals and the batch feed garbage disposals.
The continuous feed disposals run as long as the switch is on while the batch feed only turns on when disposal cover is in place. So you can run the disposal one batch at a time.
According to your liking, you can select the continuous which is most convenient and relatively inexpensive. However, if you prefer disposals that are safe to use without risk of injury and flying particles, definitely go for a batch feed.
It is paramount to note that the garbage disposers will be exposed to water for the most of their work, it is, therefore, important to choose a rust-free model.
Stainless steel blades not only sharp and harder, but they also last longer. They are also known to grind food more finely and minimize the possibility of clogs in your pipes. I would recommend stainless steel blades since they make up the best garbage disposal tools. Surely you don’t want a model that is highly likely to wear out sooner
Although most of the garbage disposals that you will come across will be noisy, there is a difference between ordinary cheap HP which are very noisy and better quality, and higher HP insulated grinding units which produce less noise
Many of the high-end garbage disposers come with noise dampening features that reduce the vibration that usually come with the tool. However, you will have to dig deeper into your pocket to acquire these models.
I has reviewed for you only the best garbage disposals that you will find in the market today. I have even gone out of my way to explain a few factors that should be of key concern to you when looking for a perfect garbage disposer. Now it is up to you
With this information now being at your fingertips, I am now confident that you will settle for an ideal one for your home depending on what you need specifically. Or better yet, one has already caught your eye.
[alert-success] Related some articles from our reviews team: