Everything tastes better when it’s grilled. Summer menu’s gets brighter and tastier with grilled vegetables! You don’t have to worry about under cooking or over cooking a vegetable. You can just look at it and tell that it’s done.
We have gone through some of the vegetables which are the best one to grill. These grilled vegetables will help you eat right without grease! These are better than fried vegetables!
- Green Beans
Green beans taste amazing when they are properly grilled. Although they have to be grilled in a grill basket rather than a regular griller, since they easily slip through the grill gates.
- Use grill baskets with lids to avoid losing beans while shaking.
- Try to keep it simple by marinating the beans with only olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Apply a layer of butter on the beans once they are off the grill
Eggplant is a very good choice for grilling. The flavors of the eggplant comes out along with an amazing smell which can surely make your mouth water.
- For even grilling, slice the eggplants into thick planks of around ¼”
- Marinade them for a few minutes before putting them on the grill
- Olive oil, garlic, basil and vinegar can some of the great options for this purpose
- Bell Peppers
Bell pepper can be grilled in various ways depending on the recipe.
- For roasted bell peppers, keep them whole and grill them till they are charred enough to be easily peeled off their skin
- For using them in salads or part of any platter, cut the bell peppers into small chunks and grill them
Though for some people radicchio might be a little bitter, but once they are grilled, the flavor becomes mellow and the leaves take the smoky flavor instead.
- In order to grill it, cut the radicchio in quarters while leaving the core in.
- It tastes best when served with sautéed bacon.
Tomato is one of the most popular choices when it comes to grilled veggies. The flavor of tomatoes is immensely enhanced when they are grilled.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise, in half then put them on the grill with the cut-side facing down.
- Turn them over after around 4 minutes and grill them again for another 3 minutes before serving
Zucchini is another one of those veggies which can be made more delicious by a quick marinade before putting them on the grill.
- Use a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and basil to marinade
- Instead of the basil, mint can also be used for a different yet wonderful taste
Onion is the vegetable which changes the most when they are grilled. The pungent, sharp flavor switches to one that is sweet and mellow.
- Cut onions cross-wise into slices of around half an inch
- Run a skewer through the slices and grill them in low or medium heat
- Make sure the heat is not too much as the outside might get burnt before the inside is cooked
Though the traditional way of grilling corn might be by keeping them in the husks, putting them directly on the grill gates creates an even better taste.
- Apply sufficient amount of butter or olive oil on the corn
- Place them on the grill and turn them around for even grilling
Grilling potatoes might take a lot of time. But the taste of grilled potatoes, topped with sour cream or bacon strips is out of this world.
- Boil the potatoes first until they are almost cooked
- Cut them into thick slices and put them through skewers
- Grill the potatoes for 40-45 minutes
Asparagus can be termed as the king of all veggies that can be grilled! Despite how it is prepared, grilled asparagus always tastes amazing.
- Feel free to experiment with different kinds of stuff before grilling asparagus
- Don’t keep them on the grill for too long since it might get burnt easily
- Put a dressing of some garlic aioli on top of the spears for a magical taste!
The smoky flavor of these grilled vegetables will make you salivate! Why don’t you experiment with others as well? And you can have them when you’re grilling meat or fish as well! Science says its better when it’s grilled! So go out, buy some veggies and start grilling!
You May Also Like to Read: